One year. One hundred burgers. A quest that started out as a hobby, became an obsession, and has slowly transformed into a lifestyle. How much burger is too much burger? If there is such a thing, we'll let you know.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Stand

Double Breakfast Burger
The Meat: Pat LaFrieda 70% Chuck
The Cheese: Cheddar
The Bun: Fluffy brioche-type bun
Flip Tip: Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake! (Ice cream from il Laboratorio del Gelato…!)

After a brief red meat hiatus, the Big Burger team is back.

I arrived at Stand with a growling stomach, watering mouth, and a faint migraine. That’s how you know eating burgers has become a physiological need. When I looked at the menu, I knew I needed the biggest, richest burger this supposed burger mecca had to offer; a double breakfast burger with caramelized onions was the obvious choice. However, getting the attention of my waiter was a task harder than successfully preparing for three midterms in one day. And once I placed my order, I waited for what felt like an eternity.

The milkshake came first, basically after the birth of my grandchildren, and was quite delicious. The burger came eons later, and was easily forgotten. That is, until I felt myself kneeling over in stomach pain as I walked out of the restaurant. The fries were alright, but their taste was belittled by their additional cost.

If you find yourself in Union Square, don’t bother with Stand. Although hunger is the best spice, it couldn't even redeem this burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment